Tannoy Prestige line: Westminister and down

Tannoy Prestige line of speakers:
May I ask for those who have experience with Tannoy Kensington or above to speak out with their experience.
Better yet, the long time struggle with the so called "Audiophile" bugs to keep on changing the equipment in order to find the "Holy Grail" of anything resemble "life music" or stop the "upgrading" bug.
robertwolfee
I cannot comment on the Kensington per se, but I had 12" Monitor Golds from the early 70's to the late 80's. A couple of years ago, I determined I needed to return to Tannoys. Instead of trying to buy new or used in the Prestige line, I bought some mid 70's HPD 315 drivers (12" Dual Concentric) on Ebay UK. Massive custom cabinets were made to my specs, and I reconed the woofers with new cones, and "hard edge" surrounds as on the current Prestige drivers. Custom crossovers with premium parts were also made.

The result of all this is a pair of one-off, stunningly musical speakers, all for less than the price of a used pair of Kensingtons.

Although this response is not directly related to Kensingtons, I feel the performance of these speakers is similar to what can be expected with the Kensington, or others in the Prestige line. This project has permantently led to my dismount from the upgrade "merry-go-round", as least as far as speakers go.

I don't know if this is any help to you, I just thought I'd put in my 2 cents worth.

Have a Good New Year, Regards,
Dan
Thanks, Islandmandan,
For someone like yourself who knows how to complete the assembly; the old Tannoy route make a lot of sense.
It is a known fact that the technology on speakers and amplifiers have not advancing for a lot during the last 50 years, yet, the know how and knowledge to make speakers cabinet is still not as easily accessible as one might think.
Anyway, thanks for the advice and hope all the others who have experience on the new Prestige can make their valuable comments.
Not sure where the Glenaires (sp) fit in the line up but I think retail was $7k or so. Anyway my good bud has those and I hear them for extended hrs once or twice a year and they are great, I just think they need a sub and always felt a Super Tweeter was in order. Love the sound just add more sizzle on top and bottom for my tastes. He runs SS pre and switches between tubes, Pass Labs monster mono amps and lower SS power, they never disapoint.