Recondition my 1986 Thiel CS1.0 or buy new?

I have a pair of thiel cs 1.0's that I have had since 1986. They are driven by a Marantz pm7200 (which I find very satisfying especially in Class A mode) a Project III turntable and a Marantz 6004 cd player. I can get the speakers audibly reconditioned by Thiel with new grill cloths for about $400 including shipping. Visited my local hi end audio store, and the salesman, whom I trust, said that technology in speaker components has changed dramatically over the last 25 years. I listened to a pair of monitor audio rx6 (list for $1250) liked them a lot found them warmer then my Thiels but probably a good matchup with my electronics. The store will allow me to bring there demos home overnight. Any comments or suggestions?
raya
I'd try to arrange to take the new spks. home on a Sat. Night and keep them till Monday (if the store is closed on Sunday). Would give you a better chance to see if they suit your tastes. As far as technology advancing, sure, but great pleasure can be achieved using older equipment. Since you had the spks. for 25yrs. I'm assuming you like them. So fix and save $800. Bill
Is something wrong with the Thiels?

Frankly I would not spend the money but try to sell them and move on if you want a change.

They are very nice looking speakers and I am sure would make someone very happy.
great to see someone else has the Marantz PM 7200. Great Amp. I've had mine 6 years.
Thiels have come a long way, mainly for the better. If you can compare yours to newer ones, you might find that its well worth selling your 1.0's and putting that plus the $400 towards a newer model. Your amps will appreciate the easier to drive load as well.