All the Emmlabs dcc2/cdsd hoopla..

Is this real? I mean they cost big bucks but is the sound that great? what does the combo do to the Redbook CD sound?
How does it compare to equal cost analouge front end?
No intention to badmounth Emmlabs, but is the combo that good??
nilthepill
Does anyone even have a NWO-1? From what I have read, you would be nuts to give Alex a $9000 deposit to order one. Good luck. Alex may be a genius but he needs to greatly improve his business acumen or he will continue to scare off potential customers such as myself. OTOH, he probably has all of the customers he needs to fall behind and stay there for a while. It's a shame more people can't enjoy his talents and creativity.
02-08-06: Oneobgyn
I have owned every high end digital available in the market today and IMO there is simply none that even come close to the Meitner.

I thought Evita asked a pertinent question when she enquired about a list of digital sources oneobgyn has owned.

Without a foundation, Oneobgyn's statement rings hollow. We all have different perspectives based on equipment we have owned.

So, Oneobgyn, will you please list all the digital sources you have owned so we can put your Meitner comment into proper perspective.
Hi Rgs92, the CDSD was used with an SK Research shelf and two sets of Thorp Audio Group cones, one set above and one set below the shelf. There are other solutions which are probably quite effective, but the fellows who came up with these products took many years to do so and are meticulous. The shelves, which are part Baltic birch plywood along with Kevlar and lead pellets inside, are so tweaked they haven't found a stain or varnish that doesn't change the sound, yet they're straightforward to set up. The cones are the other part of the formula. I can't wait to try the combo under the turntable line I just added.
Ggil,
I was more interested to compare the EMM CDSD vs.APL modded Denon with the additional meitner optical outputs, both going through a DCC2. So the real test being between the two transports.
Would anybody else share some light on this too.
Thanks,
Neville
Essentialaudio--thanks! I will see if this is compatible with my Billy Bags rack. -Rich-