Good speakers under 10K.

Looking for my first pair of decent stereo speakers. Will be buying used, my budget is around 4-7k, so I'm interested in speakers below 10k. I may not be able to audition the speakers given my current location.

1) My sound preferences would be something that is rather true to the source, having adequate detail yet not being overly detailed. Hopefully striking a good balance between precise analytic sound and overly colored. However, I don't mind a speaker slightly to the warm end of neutral if it is not muddy or veiled. I want to avoid overly hyped or harsh speakers with fatiguing top ends, and I like my treble smooth and natural and not overly pronounced. The speakers have to be musical also.

My musical tastes are varied. Mainly electronic, rock, acoustic, classical, soundtrack and world.

Can someone help me decide?

Thanks
Aqua

aquablu8
Check out a pair of Dynaudio C-1s, plus a REL Subwoofer like a stadium 3.

Also, Dynaudios pair well with SimAudio Amplification.
The Joseph Pulsars are indeed very good but will sound best when paired with a good Subwoofer. Two others (used) to consider in your price range are Thiel 3.7's and Verity Audio Parsifals. For an absolute screaming bargain you can pick up a well maintained pair of Aerial 10T's for under $3k. It is an oldie but "excellentie"!
if you have the space, and the upstream components up to task, i highly recommend the Magnepan 3.7s. I would have to spend 3-5x the price to get something better. Paired with a Velodyne or JL sub, you have full range goodness. A wall of sound. I own them and will be upgrading to 20.7s but hard to imagine anything better than 3.7s.
Has anyone mentioned Audiokinesis?

http://www.audiokinesis.com

Very musical, revealing, easy to drive, good bass extension, and great pricing.
I recommend a used pair of Magico V2. Excellent resolution, transparency and
extension. You asked for GOOD. IMO, these are GREAT. And at used prices,
they are a superb value. Truly high end.