Analytical or Musical Which way to go?

The debate rages on. What are we to do? Designing a spealer that measures wellin all areas shoulkd be the goal manufacturer.
As allways limtiations abound. Time and again I read designers yo say the design the speaker to measure as best they can. But it just does not sound like music.

The question is of course is: what happens when the speaker sounds dull and lifeless.

Then enters a second speaker that sounds like real music but does not have optimum mesurements?

Many of course would argue, stop right there. If it does not measure well it can't sound good.

I pose the question then how can a spekeer that sounds lifeless be acurrate?

Would that pose yhis question. Does live music sound dull and lifeless?
If not how can we ever be be satisified with such a spseker no matter how well it measures?
gregadd
The quote goes

"If it measures well but sounds bad you measured the wrong thing."

The above is a fact, and is also pragmatic. Most measurements do a poor job as they really are not attending to human hearing rules.

'Musical' to me implies accurate without editorial. 'Analytical' to me implies excessive energy in the high end and that I might listen politely for a few minutes before trying to get out of the room.
Hi Ralph
It takes me more than a few minutes but the results are similar to yours.
Conundria (a word I just made up, or an obscure Italian town). I think it comes down to "things you like and things you don't like". Reviews that say "this speaker is too revealing for crappy gear", although sounding reasonable, is weird to me and makes me think somebody is trying to make me spend money. Non musical speakers are the ones they use for PA announcements in airports, and a musical speaker is somebody lecturing you in a "sing song" voice. I'd like to be in on the conversation among the designers at the "non musical" speaker company..."So Bob, we have to increase the tonal glare and destroy the phase response curves in this speaker...that bassoon is just too damn life-like". Yamaha ns10s, which used to be in every pro studio in the known universe, absolutely SUCK. I hate those damn things...non musical GALORE, but somehow somebody made musical stuff happen through them...analytical? No...just BAD, and I still hate them. I also think a lot of music is non musical, but that's another story.