The current SOTA SACD player

My current playback includes the non signature version of the EMM Labs Dac's.As I am considering upgrading I would like to know what fellow Audiogoners think will better it in terms of smoothness and detail. Single box player suggestions are certainly welcome with the emphasis being on SACD playback as I have quite a few of these discs.
Thanks
ecka
have a look at my review re the DAC6e SE

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/frr.pl?rdgtl&1147623814&read&3&4&

As for the CDSD SE there is no hardware difference from its immediate predessor. There are however firmware updates
Hi Onebgyn

Now that you have had your upgraded EMM gear for a while, have your initial impressions altered? Is the EMM gear getting better and have you heard any other setup that is comparable

Thanks

Hi All,
I authored a thread a few months back directly comparing the esoteric X-01 (not the Limited) and the first gen EMM Labs gear. My conclusion, after living with both in my system for a couple of months, and going back and forth, was that they were approximately the same on SACD, but the Esoteric was magnitudes better on Redbook. Caveats, I've not heard the Sig version, and I currently have the X01 Limited, which I like much more than the plain version. Of course, at this level, it's all taste anyway. If I wasn't convinced that optical-based media will soon be gone, I'd probably get the P-03/D-03.

David Shapiro
Now that you have had your upgraded EMM gear for a while, have your initial impressions altered? Is the EMM gear getting better and have you heard any other setup that is comparable

As David Shapiro states,it is a level of taste but for me the new EMM DAC6e Signature Edition for Redbook is simply remarkable.I won't ever change.
Oneobgyn,
I won't ever change

But you already thought it can not get any better than your non-Sig EMM combo, right? Now with the EMM Sig you're saying it's a lot better. How is that possible? If tomorrow there is a Signature-Plus which clearly sounds better, wouldn't you change?

Hearing is believing.

Regards,
Alex