The current SOTA SACD player

My current playback includes the non signature version of the EMM Labs Dac's.As I am considering upgrading I would like to know what fellow Audiogoners think will better it in terms of smoothness and detail. Single box player suggestions are certainly welcome with the emphasis being on SACD playback as I have quite a few of these discs.
Thanks
ecka
Hi Oneobgyn,

I can say that Ed Meitner takes the high road and doesn't lurk in the bowels of audiogon posts looking to sniff out followers of Aplhifi to hawk his wares. As always I reply to you "shame on you"

Your accusation that Alex is "lurking" here to sniff out followers of EMM (or other brands) to hawk his wares is unfortunate, and should not be allowed to stand without some response. First of all, the title of this thread is "The current SOTA SACD player". And, it's author, Ecka, didn't limit it to a particular brand (or a particular class of Audiogoners). In fact, he explicitly solicited impressions about other brands: "As I am considering upgrading I would like to know what fellow Audiogoners think will better it in terms of smoothness and detail." You stated your opinion, and Alex asked you to clarify the basis for your opinion. What is wrong with that? Seeking clarification is part of the normal discussion on Audiogon.

Secondly, you have made numerous positive posts about EMM on more than a dozen Audiogon threads; and you provided a link, to your EMM review, on several threads. I will NOT accuse you of doing Ed Meitner's hawking of his wares. In fact, I will applaud you for your enthusiasm for a fine product. However, there is no reason for an uncivil response to Alex's challenge for you to define the basis of your opinion: belief, friendship, loyalty, or actual experience.

I would suggest to you to emulate the behavior in your description of Ed Meitner's approach: "take the high road".

Best Regards,
John
It is unfortunate that you feel that way. I am a very happy audiophile with over 33 years in this hobby. I feel that I can therefore make observations of what I own and what I have heard. I am NOT in the employ of Ed Meitner or any other manufaturer. "IMO" and I repeat that it is my opinion it is a sad sate of affairs when a manufacturer of any product constantly shows up in any audiogon thread where there is ever any mention of EMM Labs. I challenge you to do a search for any and all responses by Aplhifi and you will see what I mean. Those of us who own EMM Labs gear are constantly getting barraged by Alex to move up to his gear. This is aggressive and overly ambitious marketing to say the least. Those of us who have followed Alex' posts are constantly aware of his zeal to interject his product against EMM Labs. This is not to say that there is any problem with his gear. I merely disagree with his tactic. Simply put whether you agree or not!! I would only suggest you search the threads to get an understanding for what I have stated. Alex and I are perhaps a 30 mile drive. Over the past year he has sent me unsolicited e-mail with an attempt to sell me his gear. I feel this is not the way a responsible manufacturer sells his product. I will say no more. The opinions on these threads are always rewarding when they come from the end user rather than from the manufacturer
Oneobgyn, I asked a very simple question regarding the bases of your statement that "It does not get better than EMM Labs". Since you live in my area, I've offered you (in the past) an actual experience by bringing my NWO for you to try in your own system so that you could validate your claim "IMO it does not get better than EMM Labs". But you refused saying you don't want to discharge your interconnect cables by unplugging them. This is the reason to ask you where your "IMO" comes from.

Ed Meitner has an army of people who are watching his back on all online forums. I hope someday I will have the same luxury myself.

Regards,
Alex
Alex, i respect you and consider you a friend. we may not agree on everything in audio but i have no problem with that.

OTOH you have a (very) long history (one of the good things about archieved posts and threads) of butting into any thread on EMM gear over the last few years. this particular thread is neutral so it is a bit different.....but Oneobgyn is correct regarding your habits. i realize that APL fans support you which is understandable. but those in the middle must wonder about a manufacturer that gets to challenging other product loyalists directly all the time.

my personal recommendation is for you to re-consider your approach. you do your products and reputation no good by challenging users of other products. Oneobgyn has no financial interest in EMM other than his own ownership of the product.....the same as any other poster here......except you!

allow your product owners speak their minds when/if they choose. answer direct questions about your products. btw, these are the same things i say to the manufacturers and business reps of products that i own (they don't always listen to me either....but....they don't get on APL threads and directly challenge APL owners).

i say this as your friend. yes; i am also a loyal EMM owner.....one who someday will hear your NWO-2.5 and may want to buy it if (and that is a big IF)......i prefer it to my EMM......but your actions might eventually cause me to eliminate that possibility.

best regards,
I don't think ALP is doing anything unethical. Nor is the Doc.It is ok for ALP to point out that the Doc's claim that EMM is the best must be qualified by the fact that he has never heard ALPs product.
We get it.
I do however agree that nobody should be allowed to promote thier product on A'gon. At least ALP's promotion is transparent. Which I assure is more the exception than the rule.