The current SOTA SACD player

My current playback includes the non signature version of the EMM Labs Dac's.As I am considering upgrading I would like to know what fellow Audiogoners think will better it in terms of smoothness and detail. Single box player suggestions are certainly welcome with the emphasis being on SACD playback as I have quite a few of these discs.
Thanks
ecka
Oneobgyn,

Over the past year he has sent me unsolicited e-mail with an attempt to sell me his gear

I can forward back to you the email you've sent me on 12/28/2004 where you though it would be fun to meet with your friend Ron in your house and audition one of my Denon players against your older EMM Labs combo. You were changing audio gear at that time so this never happened. This is the reason I've sent you email earlier this year and also posted on your EMM Labs Signature Review thread proposing audition, NOT sale! I have always respected EMM Labs products. I have defended EMM Labs products online on many occasions saying that EMM is the best “stock” digital I have heard, so it is always nice if I can hear my products against it. Luckily, there was another local EMM Labs Signature owner who recently invited me over his house with my NWO-2.5 player. So now I know. Sorry for the inconvenience contacting you earlier!

Regards,
Alex
"yes; he does not hide his affiliation but that does not make it right or proper. i speak only for myself.......maybe i'm not in step with other's opinions.

You speak for me as well Mike. Alex has crossed the line on so many occasions when it comes to EMM Labs and yes the archives of all of his posts will verify this postulate. I just feel that should he expend his energies in the fashion that other ethical manufacturers do (to wit) paid advertising, he would perhaps garner the accolades that he feels he is due. Rather his "M.O" here on audiogon is tantamount to nothing otther than free advertising and IMO that is wrong.
Mike, I couldn't agree with you more!!! In fact, last night I posted a response to this thread which essentially paraphrased your last few posts. For some reason it never appeared- I must have hit the wrong button when trying to post it.
Alex

Stop feeling so darn paranoid.

If you were to conduct Aplhifi in the manner that all other reputeable manufactureres did then perhaps you would garner some degree of respect from we audiophiles. In your e-mail correspondance to me it was your contention that your gear would time and again better any of Ed's gear. Your constant use of these forums IMO is nothing more than your ability to obtain free advertising for your merchandise here on Audiogon.
Oneobgyn,

Your frustration/anger is missplaced. Alex simply asked you for a clarification of your statement. He did not offer any information on this thread about his products. Nor did he solicit your business here. Therefore, this thread is not the proper venue for you to vent your frustration/anger at Alex. Express your frustration/anger in the venues in which Alex actually does something inappropriate. Alex did nothing wrong in this thread. I've seen plenty of Alex's online posts where he is not selling but just sharing technical information or his opinion on a variety of subjects. To assume that everytime Alex shows up on a thread he is there to sell his products is not based on fact and makes no more sense than to assume that everytime you post your positive opinion of EMM on the numerous threads you are there to hawk Ed Meitner's products. As long as manufacturers identify themselves as such, they are welcomed members of Audiogon and can post like everyone else. Actually you and Alex have something in common. Both of you are passionate about your respective products. And I admire that in both of you. Without passion, high-end audio will wither.

Best Regards,
John