The current SOTA SACD player

My current playback includes the non signature version of the EMM Labs Dac's.As I am considering upgrading I would like to know what fellow Audiogoners think will better it in terms of smoothness and detail. Single box player suggestions are certainly welcome with the emphasis being on SACD playback as I have quite a few of these discs.
Thanks
ecka
As an observer of this thread, it seems to me the issue between Oneobgyn and Aplhifi is at an impasse, and as there does not appear to be any resolution it's perhaps a good time to move on.
Oneobgyn, it is sad indeed that you feel this way! All I did is proposing you audition in your own system based on previous email correspondence. Just like every designer, I am very confident in my products but this is strictly what I believe. Everyone has the right to have specific preferences so I have never forced anyone to believe the same things I do. What do you mean by "No-win situation"? It is your house, your system, your rules. You are well respected here on Audiogon so whatever your conclusion from the A-B test would have been I am sure that many would be very interested to read it and will trust your experienced “IMO”. Unfortunately, you claim you were turned off by the fact that I believe in the superiority of my products, just like every designer does. If I knew about your close friendship with EMM Labs, I would have never contacted you. Again, I am sorry for the inconvenience!

To all on this thread:

I rest my case. Please contact me by email for any further discussion.

Regards,
Alex
If Oneobgyn had preferred the EMM Labs and reported that here, there is no doubt he'd have been put in a position of defending his choice by Alex, who would have posted the reasons for his opinion being incorrect.

Of course, Oneobgyn might have preferred the APL player, but after having so staunchly professed the EMM Labs to be superior, it's unlikely that Oneobgyn would have admitted being wrong.

Thus, a no-win situation.

Sorry, but I believe this to be the inevitable outcome.
Despite the "can of worms" that has been opened by this thread, I really do appreciate the input of all Audiogoner's whose intent was to share with the rest of us their opinion of the current SOTA Sacd player. Like Oneobgyn, Mikelavigne and Trcnetmsncom I am an Ed Meitner admirer and have enjoyed his products thus far.Whilst I do understand Oneobgyn"s and Mikelavigne objection to Alex's over enthusiastic self promotion and his questioning of other opinions especially when they happen to be from Emmlabs owners, I personally am not offended by it.

I do think however that it would be a shame if Alex's contribution to this and other forums were in some way limited as a result of this discussion. Alex clearly has a better understanding of how these marvelous little machines work than do most of us ,and, his input in relation to technical questions or problems are often very helpful .

Having said all this, the positive response by all to the signature upgrade has me definitely leaning in that direction at this stage.

Any Emmlabs signature owners out there who have heard the NWO 2.5 ? your comments would be most welcome.