Did 6moons post the BelCanto DAC3 review?

I thought it was in the coming up next category.
mikeyla
>>Do you think that a plan that charges a 5% restocking fee should be named a "No Risk Purchase plan"? Don't let the fact you are a bel canto dealer influence your reply.<<

Yep, I agree that it shouldn't be called "No Risk". I'd call it a "30-day return policy"...

And fwiw, even as a Bel Canto dealer, I don't offer return policy to my local customers...but I insist on a free in-home demo before purchase...
Wshields: I understand your feelings about this. I purchased the player over the telephone and was not told about the restocking fee even though we discussed the option of returning the player if I was not happy with it. It was only after I received the player and decided to return it that I saw the restocking fee statement on their webpage when I was looking for information about the return process. I can live with the 5% restocking fee. What is irritating to me is that the company doesn't seem to be in any hurry to refund any of my money.
Philnyc,

Thanks for being honest. I am only spouting off about this in the hopes of them changing the name of their policy. My local dealer always insists on in home demo as well. Unfortunately, they don't carry Bel Canto.
I recently just purchase the Bel Canto Dac3 and Ref1000 mono blocks for a second system to play arround with to see what type of sound I can get. I wanted to check out all the hype about "D" amps, "Ice" amps and so on. I have had the Bel Canto product in my system for two weeks now.

I also want to see if I can get away with the Dac3 eliminating a separate pre in this system.

I do have on hand from my main system a Arc Ref 3 pre and VTL 7.5 pre which I can put in later.

Other gear being used in this set-up are the Eggleston Andra 2's which replaced 2 months ago my Wilson W/P 7's which I owned for two years, prior to the Wilson's I owned the Revel Salon's for 4 years. My sources are;Audio Research 3 MK2 cd player and I also have the McIntosh 300 server (playing arround with it to see if it is any good) hooked up, ARC is hooked up via AES XLR conection and Mac coaxal RCA conection both using Stealth Sextet digital cables. Speaker cables are VD Revelation SIG.and XLR balanced interconect from DAC3 to Ref1000 mono's is Virtual Dynamics Revelation 2.0.

I read the review of Edgar Kramer, very interesting, I'll comment once my gear is broken in but there are already some interesting things going on right now. I will comment about one area that Edgar Kramer said ("lean bass")something is going on here in his system for him to make such a comment because I have not heard this in three system with Bel Canto set up within. I heard Von Schweikerts VR-9's speakers with Bel Canto Dac3 and Ref1000 hooked up and heard no "lean bass". I don't know which Von Schweikerts speakers Kevziet has but what I heard on the 9's refers similar to the bass he refered to. I have not heard "lean bass" in my curent system so Edgar Kramer's comments about this must have something to do with in his own system. Speakers maybe? I beleive he listened with Wilson W/P 6's, this could be the problem, accociated gear set up, cables or maybe something else in his system or the room.

These Bel Canto products are very interseting in deed, I never would of thought that I would be auditioning such.

What started this was that I was at a freinds, he had some amps to audition, a pair of Jeff Rolland 301's, 501's, NuForse SE 9's and Bel Ref1000's. The Rowlands are stunning in appearence, listening to the 301's I was very disappointed, 501's are better, I listened to the SE 9's and Bel Ref1000. What I heard in his system was that I prefered the Bel Ref1000's but I want to still do some further listening in my own set up before I really comment. I am going to be able to put these other amps also in my system once my system is broken in and I will comment also on them later.

My freinds system; Wilson Maxx2's,EMM Labs-CDSD SE cd player,Lamm Ref 1.2 mono blocks, Lamm pre, cables Transparent.