Legacy Audio AERIS: RMAF/listening impressions?

I made a trip to Legacy this past week to hear this speaker in a non-show environment which would also afford more time to listen and hear music that I took with me. I don't see alot in the way of RMAF postings here as yet and would like to hear people's impressions of this speaker as I thought it an amazing speaker with huge potential. I've started a section on my system thread for anyone that wants to add material or please put your thoughts and impressions here. Thanks!
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xzephyr24069
Dont' think there's a driver on the bottom. The grill is on the side as it's an open design. Kind of like Dalquest and Vandersteen. It's a great speaker. I'd love to hear them vs the Vandy Quatro carbon that are about 6k less I think. I have heard both a fair amount but with different electronics in different rooms. I have loved the Vandy's with all Ayre gear. I heard the AERIS with Classe as I stated above. They have a similar sound, but the Vandy's just get it right. I loved the piano on heard on the Vandy's better than any speaker I've listened to.
Hey CT, I went thru the same motions with AudioEtc.when I was moving from the Focus HD to the SE. Although the SE's they had were demos' and old style, ie no AMT-sounded horrible thru the Rotel equipment- they should rethink demoing Legacy's with better equipment. It was a misunderstanding even being there because I was interested in moving up to the AMT SE and wasnt interested in the predicate piano black SE demo. Being a brick and mortar shop they had no room to make a decent trade in offer/SE list price reduction on my mint HD's so I gladly dealt with a dealer in CA. My only risk was buying them unheard, and that didnt bother me. My HD's were great in my system so my thought was the SE/AMT could only be better. It worked out well as he sold my HD's for me (ie trade in-great price) and gave me a great price on the SE's with free ship right from Legacy. It worked out well with WAF as I told her they were smaller speakers! DOH! The sculpted cabs are deceiving. However, Fed-Ex damaged one in shipping and Legacy made good, building me a brand new pair and used UPS Freight instead. The Aeris looks awesome and probably sounds just as, but way out of my $$ league. Gear upgrades are done as my first kid of three starts college next year. where in CT are you? I am in Meriden.
Yyzsantabarbara,

Yes, the Aeris does in fact have a down firing passive radiator recessed very deeply from the bottom, as well as 2 small ports in the rear.
I remember the Focus 20/20 and HDs with the Rotels separates at AudioETC; I hope they moved up from the old Rotel 1000W monos as that would be the bad pairing I remember as well. They should grab the new Focus SE AMT and the AERIS and move them into the room with the high-end Classe monos :-) It's still a great shop and they took very good care of me back a few years ago however as you and others have said, they have to rethink their equipment pairing strategies.

My AERIS pair are on an ESTES Long-Haul truck as we speak; they'll arrive in the depot tonight so I could have them on Tuesday morning at the latest if all goes as planned. I will be somewhat sorry to see my Focus SEs leave but it's been just short of 3 great years with them so I am looking forward to the AERIS arriving very much. I'll keep everyone posted on what I hear as I break them in....
Yyz, thanks for the info. Either way it sounded good. Jay, I'm in the condo's on Silver Lake in Berlin. email me.