Acoustics and chair

I need a new chair for listening and am not sure the effects of a leather chair with headrest aproximately 24 inches wide behind the head
markmf
I am surprised by how many dealers have those tall-back Ikea chairs that go above ear level. They always ask me why I don't sit down, but the tall back completely changes the sound. How do they not know this?
Along with seating choices, it's important to note that your facial expression can have a profound effect on sound...try various expressions like ennui, horror, open or closed mouth (this is very tooth dependant..."extreme overbite open mouth" will reflect treble up your nose), waxing nostalgic, disgust, etc., and regardless of your state of mind try to remember what expression sounded best and keep that for your listening session. Leather chairs are great, but avoid those made from fish skin as they get pretty smelly in warmer weather if not cured properly. Dental chairs have small headrests and the advantage of height adjustment, and often can come equippied with the little water bowl for expectorating. The drainage hookup can be a hastle, but for anyone who has ever thought, "I hate to have to interrupt the Sneakers soundtrack just because I have to jump up and spit" it can be handy.
What do I know but I prefer leather and a headrest. I have a stressless recliner in one room and a Natuzzi grampa recliner in the other.
Mateored wrote,

"I am surprised by how many dealers have those tall-back Ikea chairs that go above ear level. They always ask me why I don't sit down, but the tall back completely changes the sound. How do they not know this?"

Not only that, the Ikea chairs change the sound even when you're not sitting in them. The sound is much better when the chair is removed entirely from the room.
The effect is exactly what you think it would be from having a reflective surface behind your head. If you must have a leather chair throw a blanket over it.