What's better than the Jolida JD100

I heard the Jolida JD100 completely stock and like many others, was very impressed. Associated gear was Classe amp/pre and Magnepan 1.5's.
So the question is....what's as good or better than the Jolida for about a grand or even 1200-1300 bucks? Not looking for USED gear, folks!

Thanks!

Robert
robbob
Iabsolutely agree with Mijknarf. The Consonance has more detail and pace. Phil Brady.
I went from the Jolida to a Cary 308 (not tubed) and it was a noticable step up. I wanted more lower level detail and tighter bass which I got. The next step up for me was going to be the 303-200 but I ended up buying a Muse Model 9 Gen 3. I highly recommend this player.
I own both a Jolida and CJ DV2b and the CJ is much better in the dynamics and extension area, presenting a more realistic experience than the Jolida. Used DV2Bs can be found for about $1200. I realize this means USED but the actuality is that you can easily beat the Jolida for the money.
I went a different direction and now use the Jolida as a transport and added a DAC: a PS Audio Digital Link III. Superb sound- refined, detailed, and still warm and life-like. Around $995. I use a tubed pre-amp and Bel Canto amps. I have heard that the Classe has a sweet almost tube-like sound so it may be a good match. PS Audio has a 30 day return policy if it doesn't fit. Good luck.
i owned the jolida player. i don't have a clue why it has garnered such praise. it certainly is not warm or sounds like it has a tubed analog stage, probably because of the dac chips and op amps. most 24/96 or 24/192 players sound very similar.

as far as alternatives, the question is , in what direction ?

you might need to modify a player, changing caps and op amps to get an improvement.

the state of digital players in my opinion is a sorry state. most of them are unpleasant to listen to for more than a half an hour.

i heard the flagship marantz sacd player (over $6000) that soiunded acceptable and then there is the amr. both are above your price target.

perhaps you should consider a tubed dac, such as the $1500, little dac from exemplar audio.