What's better than the Jolida JD100

I heard the Jolida JD100 completely stock and like many others, was very impressed. Associated gear was Classe amp/pre and Magnepan 1.5's.
So the question is....what's as good or better than the Jolida for about a grand or even 1200-1300 bucks? Not looking for USED gear, folks!

Thanks!

Robert
robbob
I own both a Jolida and CJ DV2b and the CJ is much better in the dynamics and extension area, presenting a more realistic experience than the Jolida. Used DV2Bs can be found for about $1200. I realize this means USED but the actuality is that you can easily beat the Jolida for the money.
I went a different direction and now use the Jolida as a transport and added a DAC: a PS Audio Digital Link III. Superb sound- refined, detailed, and still warm and life-like. Around $995. I use a tubed pre-amp and Bel Canto amps. I have heard that the Classe has a sweet almost tube-like sound so it may be a good match. PS Audio has a 30 day return policy if it doesn't fit. Good luck.
i owned the jolida player. i don't have a clue why it has garnered such praise. it certainly is not warm or sounds like it has a tubed analog stage, probably because of the dac chips and op amps. most 24/96 or 24/192 players sound very similar.

as far as alternatives, the question is , in what direction ?

you might need to modify a player, changing caps and op amps to get an improvement.

the state of digital players in my opinion is a sorry state. most of them are unpleasant to listen to for more than a half an hour.

i heard the flagship marantz sacd player (over $6000) that soiunded acceptable and then there is the amr. both are above your price target.

perhaps you should consider a tubed dac, such as the $1500, little dac from exemplar audio.
Mrtennis,

There are no op amps in the Jolida. That said, at a minimum, one has to change the stock Chinese tubes and upgrade the power cord to begin to get decent sound from that CDP.
There are no op amps in the Jolida. That said, at a minimum, one has to change the stock Chinese tubes and upgrade the power cord to begin to get decent sound from that CDP.
Merganser

Very true!!!