Music Servers VS Excellent Transports?

Well here you go people? A question for my upgrade.
Should I go with an Excellent transport or a good Music server with a digital out. Sophisticated transport VS NO MOVING PARTS?

Considering the Opus Music Server or any of similar calibre.
My ripping and transfer skills are good so its going to be Lossless files with pretty much no compression of data right into my favourite DAC. All are welcome for this topic.
Please do stay withing the realm of the question, appreciate it :) Merry Christmas and happy holidays
rapogee
Unclejeff - IME, its' the D/A chip used in the Transporter that gives you this analytical sound. Not my favorite.

Steve N.
Dave - In the next 2 years, the typical WiFi servers and USB interfaces will support 24/96. There are only handful now. I listen to 24/96 every day. 24/192 will be the next big step.

I believe you are talking about 88.2, which is 5.6448MHz, or twice the native CD rate. This is an odd-ball standard. I expect 24/96 to be the next standard because this is what the recording studio masters are.

Steve N.
Empirical Audio
As Steve has said, the slim devices transporter supports streaming of 24/96. In addition the designer has just said on their website that a firmware update is being worked on that will support 24/88.2. There are a few sites where you can download content in 24 bit format.

Walt Shields

Wshields, I found a discussion forum thread from earlier this year where you mentioned some random popping problems with the transporter clocked by the EMM. How did you resolve the issue? Thanks.
Der - It would not surprise me at all if it were a compatibility problem between the voltage levels, termination and/or coax impedance of the EMM labs versus the Transporter. There is really no standard for word-clocks in the consumer world. Mixing and matching is risky.

Steve N.