Does coloring the edges of CD's help the sonics?

Hello,
I have read that coloring the edges of cd's with a black or green magic marker helps the sonics.
What is your opinion of this?
If it is true, how does it work?
Thanks.
daltonlanny
Geoffkait, it has been a long time since I got the AudioDesk, but I think I aligned the blade as recommended, which was half way through.
Another problem with only trimming half the edge is the potential for the polycarbonate to shatter. But primary issue is that it wouldn't be effective.

YRMV...

Cheers
Geoffkait, again I found it effective until the new cleaners came out, I think I followed their instruction, and I never experienced any shattering. In fact I think there would be much more potential for shattering with the deeper cut you suggest.
Geoffkait, I just check on the AudioDesk site. You are NOT supposed to trim through the entire thickness. They provide a disc that allows you to set it at the proper thickness. See: http://www.audiodesksysteme.de/downloads/sound_improver_operatinginstructure.pdf
Tbg, please take the time to read the many reviews for the trimmer. You will find that the trimmer is intended to bevel the entire surface of the edge. Reasons for beveling the edge completely include (1) eliminating surface imperfections on the edge, (2) truing up round of the disc and (3) redirecting the scattered laser light, none of which would be accomplished, or completely accomplished, if only half the edge was beveled.

Lastly, can I point out CD cleaners do not perform any of the functions of the disc trimmer, therefore should not be viewed as replacements for the trimmer?

I rest my case. :-)

~ Cheerio