Ipod Dock with direct out?????

I LOVE my integrated amps and need a dock for my I POD. FATMAN makes some decent docks, but they all are integrated amps without the direct out option. Any decent choices out there? I know Wadia is coming out with one. Where would I buy it if thats the choice? Thanks!
rkerv
Brian,

I was actually referring to someone else's comment as hostile however I did not find your's polite.

I called MSB to clarify things. The MSB Idoc uses a proprietary DSP to reduce jitter to 7 picometers. Industry standards consider 100 picometers to be good.

As far as other distortion I was wrong about that part and wanted to correct it.

Look if the Wadia contains that kind of DSP that can reduce jitter to that low of an amount I will be happy to buy it. It's much cheaper and comes in a pretty box.

As far as the picture used in their ad I will call tommorrow and find out. You should call them too. They are very open and honest. Their engineers have been trying to get a hold of a Wadia for testing themselves. They want to see what Wadia is doing and if their unit is indeed equal to theirs.

I would like to point out though that Wadia's bit for bit could be the bit for bit in picture a. If that's the case I'll be getting the MSB and you can get the Wadia :)

You guys we're correct about one thing I shouldn't judge the Wadia before it comes out.
I would like to point out though that Wadia's bit for bit could be the bit for bit in picture
Those bits don't know if they are audio or video. :)

You seem very set on dismissing the Wadia.

Look if the Wadia contains that kind of DSP that can reduce jitter to that low of an amount I will be happy to buy it. It's much cheaper and comes in a pretty box.

I am being redundant here. You can purchase a DAC that reclocks the signal reducing jitter and this is as not rare to find as you have eluded. MSB isn't the only company gifted at reducing jitter.

I believe I have read a blurb that states that the MSB unit converts the signal to SPDIF instead of the iPod doing so, whether this makes much difference I am sure is up for plenty of debate.

Let me be clear in that I am not dismissing the MSB unit, rather countering comments against the Wadia that I think are not accurate.
I should be receiving my Wadia iTransport tomorrow and will be running it into my Dodson 218 DAC which re-clocks the signal before the conversion stage. My iPod contains some songs that were ripped directly from CD's using Apple Lossless, and other uploads that range from 128 to 360 in resolution, all converted to Apple Lossless.

I will give my honest impressions after a few hours with the new toy.

Neal
Neal, great please let us know. I assume you are going to compare it to the sound of your transport. How did you get it? I thought they haven't been released yet.

Brian,

Look I agree with you about something I shouldn't have knocked the Wadia without hearing it.

As soon as I can order a Wadia I am going to take it to my friends house who has a an MSB and do a side by side. If the Wadia is as good or better not only will i let everyone know I will buy one.

I will say one thing, not all internal reclockers in DACS are equal. If the MSB truly gets jitter down to 7 picometers, and the industry standard for good is 100 picometers, then that is pretty amazing.

The funny thing about this whole debate is I'm not even a digital guy. I love analog and do 95% of my listening on it. In fact I have not enjoyed digital until recently. The Lector Digicode/Digidrive has made listening to CD's a pleasurable experience.

The only thing I know is the MSB is on par with the Digidrive as far as sound quality. That is pretty amazing. If the Wadia is too then great.

Anyway I'm done. I'm going to go listen to some LP's.

Justin
Justin,

I ordered it from Music Direct about 1 and 1/2 mos. ago. I received a UPS notification that MD has shipped a package to me, which I am assuming is the iTransport. Stay tuned.

And yes, I am going to compare it to sound of the same CD's through my transport, which is a RAM modded CEC TL-1X with Superclock 3 and which I would not part with. I use a Stealt Sextet XLR digicable, but may be using a Kharma Grand Ref and/or i2digital cable because I do not think the iTransport has an XLR output.

Regards,

Neal