Benchmark DAC1 Pre vs. Bel Canto DAC3

Anyone compare these two DAC's? They both have volume adjustment and USB inputs and I was wondering how they compared sound-wise. The used Bel Canto seems to presently cost the same as a new DAC1 Pre. Thanks in advance.
imaginarynumbers
Is there a specific program you can recommend for transmitting a digital file to the DAC while bypassing my sound card?

I use Windows Media Player as the Music Server program. I use loss less .wav file format files ripped to a 300Gb disk on the Toshiba laptop running Vista OS.

In my case, the laptop has a wireless (WiFI) connection to a Linksys wireless router running my wireless network. The Roku Soundbridge connects similarly to the WiFi network and the laptop music server. The digital outputs from the Roku feed my DAC.

So I do not use a physical USB connection, from laptop to DAC, but that should work as well using WMP as the server program, I believe.
To enable it to work as a server using a device like the Roku as the remote controller, yes, there was a configuration parameter that had to be set (i'll check the name and get back on that) but it may be different to control WMP directly on the PC/laptop. You basically just need it to output to the USB port. Not sure if that involves special setup or not.

Maybe someone else who knows for sure could chirp in?