Yamamoto YDA 01 DAC

Is there any Agoner have this Yamamoto dac and could share his comments on how its sound?
Thanks
ben
Well, I`ll just say this, Srajan and his friend thought enough of the APL NWO-M to purchase it(it is`nt cheap). It takes honesty and character to say a much less costly item is preferred over what you payed a large sum for and not make excuses. Srajan clearly stated some will like the NWO-M more, and he`s right.I simply respect people who call it as they see it, plain and straight. Many reviewers would`nt have the nerve.
Best Regards,
Charles1dad,

OK, you have me really intrigued now. If the Metrum can deliver as much detail as a Bryston BDA1 or Wyred4Sound DAC2, yet be as musical as typical NOS DACs...it might be IT for me. Given the tradeoffs between musical/detailed at these pricepoints, I was leaning towards a Bryston to go with my tube pre and amp, but then I saw this thread.

A good thing is I'm patient too, so will be looking forward to your feedback.

For reference, what has been your experience, if any, with oversampling DACs?
Lewinskih01,
The Yamamoto is an oversampling DAC and as I`ve stated in several posts during this thread it is really an excellent sounding DAC. It is very natural,dynamic, liquid yet with very good detail/resolution. The Metrum Octave Takes these attributes and raises(significantly) them is my suspicion.
Charles,

Do you have a delivery date yet for the Metrum or are we still looking at about a month out or so?
Jcote,
I placed my order in early july and Cees said the wait time was 8-12 weeks. No specific date as of yet.I think they`re getting more orders than they anticipated.