Sonicweld or M2Tech hiFace usb to spdif converter

I'm diving into the PC audio arena and need a good interface between my PC and Esoteric D-03 DAC. I've looked at these and the Off Ramp by Emphiracle Audio.

Any suggestions on these?
roor
Hi Headshrinker2, I have not used any of the streamlength based gear. The Halide bridge does look nice but I own most of the Hrx collection thus I need 176.4khz capability. I have a EVO currently in for audition. It sounds very very nice.
I've missed a few things here due to some outside issues... but even some current experiements with the Hiface unit + Oyaide silver coax cable prove substantial rivals for some really heady competition just last week at a friends house.

he has Bel Canto mono amps, Canton Ref speakers, an Anthem D2 sig proc, and an Oracle CDP.

playing the Hiface & oaydie got the sound so close to the oracle as that amount was simply inconsequential.

using the Hiface with either tubes or SS I've had no issues what so ever with ground energies being introduced into the audio by clicks or otherwise, once I'm using anything even close to a good computer.

I can get mouse moving noise thru my Lynx AES16 Xpress card at times using J River 15.

All my driver woes were with JR 14. Using JR 15 things have settled down. See? If you bitch enough things get fixed... usually.

So what is this "audio diverter" gizmo?

And you don't mean the EVO now costs $2400, do you?

input would be greatly appreciated.
EVO is still $500, maybe a little less. Anyone ever tried a
reclocker on the clock input of EVO? The only noise that I
get is when going wireless Router instead of Ethernet cable Input to PC. The question is, Blindjim, which EVO
Drivers are you currently using with JR 15? Why doesn't
Media Monkey offer Wasapi, am I correct on that? Why is
HD Tracks stuck on Media Monkey?
The Diverter is another USB to SPDIF converter. It is $2880.00; I was saying that the Diverter is $2400.00 MORE thank the EVO. The EVO is still $500.00 :)
Thanks ..... $2800 for a converter?

Absolutely, something besides fish in Denmark were rotten with that review of the Hiface USB converter over at CA. There were litterally thousands of positive accounts, and several posted ah, hem, 'pro' online mag reviews saying quite positive things about the gizmo and the answers from the usually in depth and articulate techically slanted CA author merely let rudimentary questions go unaswered or remain ignored.... like did you try another unit given your findings were so adverse to so many other positive accounts, as that one might have been wrong or somehow poorly made or broken??

As inexpensive as these M2Tech converters are with respect to many others out there it would seem a no brainer to have requested a second unit.... or sought out the reason for such adverse findings elsewhere in the setup

neither of the above however were adequately accounted for.

personally, on the heels of the glowing rave about the Hallide Bridge affair, it seems a tuff enough act to follow and then say the < $200 Hiface was a world beater of a bargain.

But more than that episode doesn't make sense there quite often in those reviews. IMO.

had I not posted an account or review of the Lynx AES 16 PCI xpress card regularly used as 'the ref' converter of choice.... there wouldn't be one still.

Seems an odd thing to me to not properly qualify a refference piece, AND one listed on the 'recomended parts list'. Everything else there was reviewed.

if nothing else it makes one say, "Hmmmmmmmmmm..."

RE 'Weld'
congrats on whomever came up with that idea. Sell 10 a year and ya got a great part time income. 3 grand for a USB converter. LOL

I think I'd rather give that $3K or so to Mr. Rankin, Mr. Weiss, etc, for their stuff instead and get more value for the money.

Good. That's one less item to investigate.

Again, thanks much.