bel canto dac 3 cd 2 owners

hi, I have the cd2 transport dac 3 digital front end, and next week I am going to add the new vps power supply, which takes place of the power supply in both the cd2 and dac 3, has any one out there done this yet ? is it worth the money ? I know that better power supplies make about anything sound better, but this is a $2,000 upgrade so I hope its worth it ! thanks, chris
chrissain
Perhaps there is some other Dac3.5vbs owners out there that
can enlighten us on the sonic differences between the
Dac3vbs vs the Dac3.5vbs. Is it mainly more bass that
separates the two sonically?
From what I can gather, the DAC 3.5vb betters the DAC3 in terms of clarity, resolution, and dynamics (better bass and treble). The computer interface -digital light link - is also significantly better than the DAC3's usb interface. I have read several user reviews that puts the DAC3's performance the equal of the DAC 2.5. I read one report that states the DAC 3.5s performance is on the same level as the Berkeley Alpha DAC but with a lower noise floor. Check out the following review from Inner Ear by a reviewer who had the DAC3. He considers the DAC 3.5 to be better. http://www.inner-magazines.com/news/250/63/BelCanto-DAC3-5VB/
update, Recently at a friends house he had a shootout between the Belcanto dac3.5 vbs vs The Wies dac 202 and the DCS debussy, long story short, the belcanto bettered both dacs, and in some ways , by quite a bit. considering the Bel canto is the cheaper of the bunch, that says alot about the Bel canto.
Anyone care to share their experiences with the dac3.5 and the light link?
I am in the market, but wish i could compare the Halide bridge.
Just was informed that there is a new upgrade for the power supply in the dac 3.5 . I am not that informed on what the upgrade actually is but I am going to get it and report back on any differences, stay tuned !