bel canto dac 3 cd 2 owners

hi, I have the cd2 transport dac 3 digital front end, and next week I am going to add the new vps power supply, which takes place of the power supply in both the cd2 and dac 3, has any one out there done this yet ? is it worth the money ? I know that better power supplies make about anything sound better, but this is a $2,000 upgrade so I hope its worth it ! thanks, chris
chrissain
From what I can gather, the DAC 3.5vb betters the DAC3 in terms of clarity, resolution, and dynamics (better bass and treble). The computer interface -digital light link - is also significantly better than the DAC3's usb interface. I have read several user reviews that puts the DAC3's performance the equal of the DAC 2.5. I read one report that states the DAC 3.5s performance is on the same level as the Berkeley Alpha DAC but with a lower noise floor. Check out the following review from Inner Ear by a reviewer who had the DAC3. He considers the DAC 3.5 to be better. http://www.inner-magazines.com/news/250/63/BelCanto-DAC3-5VB/
update, Recently at a friends house he had a shootout between the Belcanto dac3.5 vbs vs The Wies dac 202 and the DCS debussy, long story short, the belcanto bettered both dacs, and in some ways , by quite a bit. considering the Bel canto is the cheaper of the bunch, that says alot about the Bel canto.
Anyone care to share their experiences with the dac3.5 and the light link?
I am in the market, but wish i could compare the Halide bridge.
Just was informed that there is a new upgrade for the power supply in the dac 3.5 . I am not that informed on what the upgrade actually is but I am going to get it and report back on any differences, stay tuned !
I upgraded my bel canto dac 3.5 vbs to the mk 2 status. The wizards at bel canto just keep making an already good product better and better ! great job Bel Canto!