Anyone solved MF Tri Vista SACD problems?

I am starting this thread for my friend who bought this Musical Fidelity Tri Vista SACD player as used two years ago. Now the transport mechanism and also the servo board (we think) are broken. Does anyone know if there still is some company who can repair these players or modify them with new parts (transport+servo board). It seems to us that Musical Fidelity has moved forward and abandoned its old Tri-Vista customers. No help from their side at all. All info/help is appreciated.
mkilpi
"Fact - the problem with the transports in both the TriVista and kW SACD players is nothing to do with "parts obsolescence". Philips left MF and a number of other manufacturers badly in the lurch by supplying insufficiently robust SACD transports (these have a failure rate approaching 100%). Philips then refused to support these transports with parts or replacements once the failures began. "

So this part is not obsolete then......glad we cleared that up. Thanks for all the facts ;)
The fact MF sold faulty goods is the most important thing here and what has happenened to customers new and secondhand is that you can't get it fixed. MF should be brought before the courts its a crime.
I just stumbled across this old thread, and I just purchased a used kw SACD player and all works great considering how old it is now. Yes I payed a very good price for this unit on the used market. But I'm curious why this unit seems to be a solid performer considering its age and some people that payed thousands more then I had issues?

I would be very upset as well had I payed $7000 and had no one helping me with these problems..
i am a nobody when it comes to the hi-fi world , " but if i bought a £6000 grand car and it would not work after a short while, i would not let it sit in the garage to rot , so why do stereofiles shell out for a replacement if their tri-vista etc goes down , more money than sense springs to mind , hound philips to oblivion , thats what i would do , but thats me.
Hound Philips to oblivion? Are you serious?

The abandonment of the large transport manufacturers like Philips and Sony with respect to CD/SACD drives is due to market supply and demand factors. No mass market, no volume demand, and companies like Krell and MF are not even on the map.

Bryston saw the writing on the wall which is why they abandoned the sales of their redbook player, even while stockpiling spare drives for original customers.

With the performance of digital memory type products (that use inexpensive CDROM drives) rivaling or exceeding CD transports, most manufacturers are not going back.

So hound Philips all you want. It won't bring back what they consider an obsolete technology. You might as well be asking them to bring back those brick size cell phones for your 80's BMW.