Who makes a good CD recorder?

Who makes a good or decent CD recorder? I am interested in making compilation CD's to sit back and listen to on my new Bryston BCD-1 player. In the past there were a number of CD recorders on the market. NAD made a CD recorder but it was only on the market for a year or two. Now there are but a few CD recorders on the market and all are very inexpensive.
hobbyist_and_reader
Alesis Masterlink is sweet. SWEET. Don't use your PC to record cd compilations. If you have a revealing system, they sound pretty bad. Actually, unlistenable. The Alesis is studio quality-$800 street. I haven't used the Tascam but it has caught my eye, especially with the CF Cards.
Agree on the Alesis Masterlink ML 9600. Had mine upgraded by Balanced Power Technology. It is a great CD recorder and a very fine CD player.

I am now making CDs on my computer-based system using an iMac with iTunes. Those CDs sound excellent I am not much using my Masterlink anymore/ The convenience factor and flexibility using the computer is much better.
On my big rig, yes-unlistenable. The Masterlink makes copies which sound as the original. The inside of a PC is just too noisey (..and I have an outboard Lacie burner, shunyata power cable, line conditioner, etc...). JUst my experience with my gear. Sounds ok in the car but not on the stats.