Who makes a good CD recorder?

Who makes a good or decent CD recorder? I am interested in making compilation CD's to sit back and listen to on my new Bryston BCD-1 player. In the past there were a number of CD recorders on the market. NAD made a CD recorder but it was only on the market for a year or two. Now there are but a few CD recorders on the market and all are very inexpensive.
hobbyist_and_reader
Alesis Masterlink is sweet. SWEET. Don't use your PC to record cd compilations. If you have a revealing system, they sound pretty bad. Actually, unlistenable. The Alesis is studio quality-$800 street. I haven't used the Tascam but it has caught my eye, especially with the CF Cards.
Agree on the Alesis Masterlink ML 9600. Had mine upgraded by Balanced Power Technology. It is a great CD recorder and a very fine CD player.

I am now making CDs on my computer-based system using an iMac with iTunes. Those CDs sound excellent I am not much using my Masterlink anymore/ The convenience factor and flexibility using the computer is much better.
On my big rig, yes-unlistenable. The Masterlink makes copies which sound as the original. The inside of a PC is just too noisey (..and I have an outboard Lacie burner, shunyata power cable, line conditioner, etc...). JUst my experience with my gear. Sounds ok in the car but not on the stats.
I have a Sony RCDW 500C that is currently availiable brand new at Amazon for $223 including shipping. I make compilations and put LP's on CD with great results. I also burn CD's on my computer and find that better for some circumstances (like track volume leveling and editing) but for most instances the Sony stand alone burner sounds better. And yes, you do need to use Music CDR's with the Sony.