Ayon CD2 is AMAZING

Guys,

Received my CD-2 on Friday and I'm still amazed and the unit has only about 20 hours. The soundstage extends beyond the boundaries of the speakers with palpable images you can almost touch. The Rega/Bryston combo is good but the CD2 is in another league. This unit captures the ambiance and nuances of the recorded venue with ease. I know layering and depth will come when the units has been run in and I'm looking forward to that day!

I'm definitely happy with my purchase
128x128wig
Hi Wig, that's interesting. I'm not surprised you found such a wide difference with the Berkeley dac. Re: the CD-5s, there is a wide performance gap between the CD-2 & 5s. The CD-5s is built around a full Skylla 2 dac and features higher grade caps, an extra power supply with full "bridge" tube rectification and is a higher end proposition overall. Besides, there are ways to improve the player significantly without dropping another $5k on a dac ;) Consider that the CD-5/5s uses 4 x NOS OPA627AP op amps. These were the best op amps 20 years ago, but are only midrange op amps today...and the signal is passing through those things. Also, better output tubes can be sourced. I'll leave the rest to your imagination.
Just amazing that anyone would think that a Berkeley Alpha DAC is better than a CD-5s ! There must be something else going on in their system. Same folks that touted the incredible sound of the eastern electric minimax and then said, no not really after all the minimax had a shrunk soundstage - now I found another better option, the berkely. pinheads.....
Jimphd14,
Wig prefers the Berkeley DAC to the Ayon CD2 in his system after comparing both, why is that so hard to except? You would prefer otherwise, that`s your call to make. You seem to be personally offended.
Jim
In his subjective opinion he likes the Berkley better than his Ayon cd2.How does that make him a "pinhead"?
What is the title of the book you co-authored, a book regarding the " mental health status of Canadians" as you previously claimed( in a now deleted thread).
I am dying to know the exact title that I may read it.
Jimphd14, why insult everyone who doesn't worship Ayon? I doubt you have heard the Berkeley DAC, which is a very expensive and well-regarded digital component. I also doubt you owned the AMR-77, the Meridian 808.3, the Perfect Wave stack, or BAT amps, as you have claimed in your 10 other Audiogon posts, which were all devoted solely to touting Ayon digital components and amps or insulting Audiogon members who don't agree with your Ayon endorsements uber alles.

I can only surmise that you have some undisclosed financial interest in Ayon. If so, disinformation and insults are a lousy way to protect your interests.