Bryston BCD-1 Player Owners

For all Bryston BCD-1 CD player owners, how satisifed are you with your unit?

Would you recommend it or have you "upgraded" to some other CD player?
agiaccio
Very satisfied with my BCD-1. Got me off of the upgrade merry-go-round. I feel no need to 'upgrade', especially since it is the best I've heard and very staisfying/involving to listen to.
It does benefit from an upgraded power cord, brass or Herbies footers and 2-3 lbs of dead weight on top to maximize performance as will most CDPs.
It is an outstanding player.
I highly recommend it.
I've been very satisfied with mine. I listen mostly to classical music, and I have been unable to perceive any significant weaknesses in my BCD-1.

The only thing that might lead me to ultimately want to explore other possibilities would be if I wanted to incorporate computer-based audio, and the ability to play hi rez formats, into the system. And I don't envision doing that in the foreseeable future.

Given that, one of the nice things about a good one-box solution like the BCD-1 is that I don't have to worry about the jitter-related issues that would be concerns with S/PDIF and AES/EBU interfaces between digital sources and dacs, such as impedance matching, waveform reflections, ground loops between digital source and dac, cable length, cable type, etc.

Regards,
-- Al
Hi Al, I use a single box CD player and I have for years for the same reasons you mentioned.