Is it possible to transform the EMM CDSA SE?

2-box and 1-box versions of EMM's CD players -- not the X upgrade or the XDS1 -- have been variously described as "flat" and "2-dimensional" in forum postings. Is it possible to defy these characterizations and elevate the EMM to the world of amazing 3D sound? Let's share our knowledge and experience -- to make EMM a better sonic world.
sabai
Sabai,

I have a highly resolving system. The SR speaker cells do a great job in adding a further 3D effect especially with vocals but compared to my true bi wairing set up, it ever so slightly looses speed,timing and dynamics with faster music like acoustic guitars. Having said that, the SR speaker cells is a step up if your speaker cables are lets say not up there with the best. Also the different MPC used will give you different presentations in the sound. You have to try them to do your own personal evaluation.

Finally, to keep it short, the PD MPS-5 is so good that it has stopped me from owning a XDS-1.

Cheers
Flashunlock, Thanks very much for all the info. I'm very interested in reading your impressions since I do not have the opportunity to audition equipment. I have to put my system together using my audio imagination only. Please let me know what difference you think the Nordost Quantum Qx4 might make. Thanks, in advance.
Sabai,

I have not auditioned the Nordost quantum so cannot comment. I have owned some of the best mains regenerators, passive filters etc and am very happy with the SR 10-SE Mk-2 and found it sounding the best in my system.
Just got the Organic/Argento power cord. Its very very good with the EMM Labs.
I am wondering why my CDSA SE does not seem the least bit flat or 2-dimensional. How many owners think that? My more recent digital gear was the two-box Accustic Arts, Audio Logic DAC, and ARC CD3 - all pretty good and the EMM Labs seems no "flatter" or 2 D. Not saying it is as good as the XD1 series, that would be very surprising if it were - and make EMM look foolish - but flat and 2D? I don't hear it.