Audiogon "RECORDINGS TO DIE FOR" list

I've been listening to some of my favorite recordings this weekend and was wondering what others on Audiogon felt were there favorites. We have all seen the Stereophile "Records to Die For", The Absolute Sounds recommended list, Music Directs' list, The Golden Ear, etc. now I'm hoping to assemble the Audiogon "Recordings To Die For". Please list your five favorite recordings, the ones you listen to over and over or play for friends. I would assume the sonic quality is excellent in that this is an audiophile site. The performance and enjoy ability should also be excellent. Please leave your top five, even if they are already chosen so we can discover the very top for the Audiogon listeners. ALSO PLEASE REFRAIN FROM CRITICIZING OTHERS OPINIONS AND JUST LEAVE YOUR FAVORITES!

August 2002: I have compiled a summary and a full printer-friendly list of all of the recommendations below.
click here to view summary
128x128jadem6
I did not really incorporate the sound aspect into consideration, so I am going to retract my recommendations after rereading the original post. With respect to sound, try Perman and Rostropovich for the Bach pieces, Pierre Boulez for Mahler 9th, Giulini for Bruckner 9th, and Karajan (DG Karajan Gold) for Shostakovich 10th. But, can't really say they are my favorites though their performances are still top notch (maybe except Boulez's reading of the last movement of Mahler 9th). Sorry for my confusion.
Cogito, no confusion, I did not factor sound quality in either. My friends are musicians and if I played them a perfectly recorded CD that had terrible musicianship, they would wonder why I like it so much, and wonder if I am starting to lose it. They would never complain about a great preformance on a CD that was typical of most in sound quality. I have that Karajan Shostakovich 10th CD also and would recommend it first to anyone looking for a good CD of this symphony.
Neil Young's "Harvest", Nautilus re-issue LP. You can still find one from time to time on eBay. It's obvious almost every track was recorded live, in one take.
Sugarbrie, thank-you for all the great ideas. I went to the public radio music store, www.thestore24.com and found 6 disks by Clifford Curzon and cd connection www.cdconnection.com with 10, if your out surfing and I could ask you to give me your opinion on wich one might be best I would be greatful. Thanks again, J.D.
Five only Huh?
1) Maria Mckee/geffen-- You can reach out and touch her on track 10.
2) Yo Yo Ma Bach Cello suites( also catch the inspired by Bach series on PBS)
3) Peter Gabrial -So.
4)Neville Brothers- Yellow moon.
5) James Taylor- New Moonshine