The end of pono?

I've just heard that Neil Young has given an interview where he says that they have made a number of mistakes, gone through a number of CEO's, with him now acting as CEO, and that he woul like to get out of the hardware side of things. Aparrently just becoming a licencing authority, e.g.
"Pono Approved" product.

Also, I read that Pono will be releasing hi rez Beatles files. Really? And I thought that the most recent vinyl was cut from down sampled copies and that nobody at on the production side felt it mattered to have hi Rez copies.

Anybody know what is really going on?
raymonda
"01-14-15: Rpeluso
Something you're proud of? Or a perception you wish to change?"

Interesting question. I never really thought about changing. I just figured, once an ass, always an ass. To be honest, I don't know, I'll have to think it over.

If you don't mind, what was it in my previous posts that led you to the conclusion that I was an ass? It may help me sort it all out.
Zd542 - my point about the article is that maybe for the 99 it is correct when it says that there isn't any value in high resolution files. As an example, consider an expensive high performance tire designed to go on a Ferrari. There is no question that this tire is better than the cheapest Walmart has to offer, but if my car (i.e. physical ability to hear, will never own quality audio equipment) isn't capable of translating any improvements to the drivers experience then the tires would be effectively the same. That driver doesn't care about the specs or reasons why the high performance tire is in fact better so trying to sell them to him is the equivalent of selling a freezer to an Eskimo. Products like Pono and the new Sony player are doing just this when it comes to people that will never really experience the potential difference because there is more to equation than just better files.
That's exactly my point. I don't think we disagree on this. All I was trying to say, was that after reading the article I posted the link to, the average person (non audiophile), is very likely to believe it and not question further. Its a pretty convincing piece, but its biased and doesn't tell the whole story. So the result now is that the door is closed for many people with regards to high rez music. Thinking that's all there is, people won't look to get better sound.

My argument is that at least give these people all the facts and let them choose if they want high rez or not. There will be plenty of people that will opt out and not want to get involved. And that's perfectly OK. But we don't want to loose any potential converts due solely to ignorance. If high rez is going to survive, we need to have as many people on board as we can. Just give them a choice based on all the facts.
As an aside,I have bought a LOT of stuff over the last 45 years.
I never sold anything but have gifted at least 7-8 full systems to everyone from my nephew to the cleaning lady.
Last few years I haven't been able to give squat away because
all and sundry listen to whatever they listen to on their
dumb-phones.