Anything wrong with PS Audio DirectStream DACs?

I'm counting right now 19 (nineteen) PS Audio DSD DACs for sale (new and used). Strange. Some second owners also selling... The reviews are unanimously stellar.

I wonder why.
cbozdog
"I'm counting right now 19 (nineteen) PS Audio DSD DACs for sale (new and used). Strange. Some second owners also selling..." "I wonder why."

That is strange.....

I just looked in my local newspaper [not in a world wide audio classified like audiogon] and noticed 57 new and used Corvettes for sale.

I wonder if they are lacking in some way or another? I think the reason they are for sale is because once you have owned one for awhile, you just come to see that they are cheap junk that most men would just hate to have in their garage, when in fact, they could own a Ferrari...

I just don't get it!!!
Dear Aolmrd,

Yes, that's funny. Thanks for sharing. Feel free to take a new Corvette home and return it on day 29 without penalty. Make sure you burn it in good.

C.
Anyway - I understand that there is nothing wrong with them. Thank you all for the help.

It seems that they are not providing enough of the expected value for some people either at the 500-hour burn-in mark or with the firmware upgrade.
Also, the DS really need a data only USB cable or a USB card that can cut off the power.
I currently have a DSD for sale, and I'll tell you why.

It has less gain than the PWD, so in my low gain, direct-to-amp system I was able to top out the volume control. The music was plenty loud, but there were times I wanted a tiny bit more and couldn't get it. The DSD also sounds better on its low gain setting, as that reduces the analog noise floor.

Spectacular imaging and *way* more detail retrieval than the PWD (my only source of comparison), but I just couldn't use it without a preamp because of the gain issues. Someone without these issues would likely adore it, and should buy mine.