Best auto-lift/shutoff turntables?

I have a Thorens TD-320 that I bought about a year ago to start my re-entry into vinyl world. Couldn't be happier than listening to records again! Now, with spring in the air, I'm starting to think about upgrading the analog end. As a lazy and forgetful guy, I really want to have the auto-lift and/or auto-shutoff functions. Are there any turntables, new or used, with these functions that will out-perform my TD-320? Thanks.
winegasman
Further reply: I am not interested in an add on lifter because I am not handy so anything that's "a little tricky to install" is going to be beyond my capabilities. In addition, the lifter idea is coupled to the Teres turntable suggestion, but the Teres' are beyond my budget. I am looking for as good sounding and stable a turntable as I can get for about $500 tops, and will live with the linkages, bellcranks, and subassemblies that the manufacturer has built into the table in order to have the arm lift up and the motor shut off at the end of play. I don't think my earnest question is that unreasonable.
Winegasman, My most sincere apologies. Your question was not unreasonable AT ALL. Although, you will be making one hell of a compromise (sonically) by using a turntable with all of the added mechanisms. I would hate to see anyone who enjoys analog take a step backwards sonically.

But, I can understand your concern with convenience. I made the ULTIMATE compromise when I purchased my CD player. I love my analog. Although sometimes, I simply do not feel like, cleaning, clamping and turning over an LP just to enjoy a musical performance. Even though I do have to reluctantly admit that digital is actually getting better. A LOT better.

The reason I had initially suggested the Expressimo "lifter", is that it can be installed on any turntable of the highest sonic standards without ANY sonic compromises whatsoever. I wish I could help you with an "automatic lift" model but I really can't, other than suggesting possibly Ebay? I had noticed many offerings of turntables of the "semi automatic" variety. Unfortunately, there are not many manufacturers offering quality turntables with automatic features. In fact there is none to my knowledge. If there is, please correct me.

Regards, Ed.
Thanks, Ed. My experience with the Thorens TD-320 has been quite good. There may be sonic compromises involved in having the auto-lift and shut mechanisms, but I don't think I can hear them. or, since I haven't a/b'ed the table with a good, purely manual table maybe ignorance is bliss? Since I'm willing to buy used, I thought that maybe there was a good older table out there with the convenience I want and the sonic quality I hope for. So far, only Elizabeth hs recommended 2 tables, Denon and Dual, but I think those might be lateral moves compared to a Thorens. Is that true?
Winegasman- Your principle objection to the Teres seemed to be price, not that it didn't have auto shut-off. I intuitively understand your desire for auto lift, but not really sure why you're looking for the shut-off as some extra motor/platter running time isn't going to affect anything adversely. Even if you forget and let it run overnight, it's not a big deal. (Heck, I let mine run for three days straight just to break the motor in!)

With respect to the Expressimo Autolift, it's not a big deal to install. The "tricky" part that was refered to before doesn't have anthing to do with drilling, screwing, glueing or something of that nature. The "tricky" part is simply getting it placed in the right spot, which is only a matter of taking time to move it in increments.

I would propose that you consider the Expressimo lift and place it on a manual table of your choosing. This would open up alot more (and better sounding) choices as the Denon, Dual and Thorens are all about the same, give or take.

The only other table with the lift and auto-off feature is the old Empire 698, alhough I'm not totally sure that it had the "off" feature. Nice looking table and can sound pretty good, too. Around $300+, maybe up to $400 for a real nice one.