Best auto-lift/shutoff turntables?

I have a Thorens TD-320 that I bought about a year ago to start my re-entry into vinyl world. Couldn't be happier than listening to records again! Now, with spring in the air, I'm starting to think about upgrading the analog end. As a lazy and forgetful guy, I really want to have the auto-lift and/or auto-shutoff functions. Are there any turntables, new or used, with these functions that will out-perform my TD-320? Thanks.
winegasman
Winegasman, I'll put my best foot forward and say, Yes, that's probably accurate and correct.

Semi-automatic turntables went the same route as many other logical and useful devices. Sometimes, they simply make too much sense. :>)
I have the same question as I, clearly, not sophisticated enough to use a turntable without messing up a needle. I am thinking that an old Yamaha px2 or px3, possibly a PF800 might be the answer. The Dual belt drive turntables were nice units but not better than the Thorens. The Needle Doctor seems to have NOS Dual CS 505 and 435 tables; the 435 is a fully automatic. Sold with warranty and cartridge; ie, ready to plug and play.

carl
I have been using a Denon DP62L for about 20 yrs now. I'm sure there's better TTs out there, but I'd have to spend a LOT to get a significant sound upgrade and it has auto end of record arm lift (in fact all of the Denon DP xxL models had it...hence the L desigination).

A DP 62Ls fetches quite a bit if you can get a good used/NOS one, but they are worth it. It is well made, reliable and convienient. I also like the looks, but that is purely personal.

Good Luck,
ED
Winegasman - I agree with Edainwestoc. I have owned a Denon DP-60L for almost 20 years also and have had zero problems,it has played flawless and is beautiful to look at as well. It's a semi-automatic,direct drive table and if you can pick up a used one do it, it's a great piece of equipment.
Ordered a new DP47F denon along with a DL300 Denon MC cartridge. That'll keep me busy.