Experiences with SlimDevices Squeezebox.

I've been using this to stream AIFF and WAV files into my 2 channel system with excellent results. Is anybody else using one of these?
hbrandt
Don't know how long they will last but I found a unit for $139 this morning which is about $100 under everyone else on the net

http://www.musiciansbuy.com/EGO_SYSTEMS_WAVETERMINAL_U2A_BLEM.html

ordered mine already
Ckorody:

You better check to make sure it is a U24. It says U2A even though the picture is the U24. Make sure it's not an older discontinued model. If it is a U24 that is one AWESOME deal.

harry
It looks like the real deal to me. But sadly they will not ship internationally (unless you count Canada), so I miss out.
Ckorody emailed me and informed me that the company that had the great price on the U24 was totally bogus. First of all, it was a U2A which has been discontinued. Second, they don't even sell that one either. Deals that are too good to be true...are generally false!!!

harry
Hi All -

Found the unit for $199.99 at B&H which is about as reliable as they come in my experience. It is already here - have not hooked it up yet.

I am on Mac OS 10.3.4 and the software they send is for Classic and the Windows machines. However it seems that the audio manager in Apps/Utilities will do what is necessary. Will let you know after a test drive, meanwhile the Squeezebox plays on.

best,
ck