VPI Scout and Scoutmaster owners.

I just put an order in to VPI for their new arm.I would like to hear from anyone that has the new 9 or the wire upgrade in the standard 9 and junction box...Many Thanks...I have the Scoutmaster with sts,ring and centre weight...Love it
stiltskin
Nickatkins and Dlwask,
Any thoughts on where to add the damping fluid? The hole at the top of the tower, or remove the arm wand and add directly to the well? I can't really tell from the directions...
Remove the arm. Looking in there, I don't see how it could drain to the trough. It needs to be at least 2/3 full to make any difference. I fill it till it touches the base, and adjust from there. You have to look for oil slick at the bottom of the arm to know if you're effectively dampening.
My level at this point is one drop above where it barely touches. I started out really high and seemed to dull the sound a bit too much. I'm still playing with it. My cartridge is a Shelter 501.
I haven't tried the damping fluid either. I'm not sure my Denon cartridge would benefit from it as it's not super-low compliant but I might give it a try soon anyway to see what happens. I think the Shelters are lower compliance so you will notice changes more. I'll post my own findings soon.
I think Im going to hunt down a used cartridge to bank hours on the arm when I get it.Ill let it spin on an L.P.that I dont care for while Im doing other things around the house...Too bad there is no repeat mode on the VPI.I would think it would take 150 plus hours of break in time to really notice the sonic benefits.Anyway ,good listening and have a great Christmas!