Bolero:why can't my system reproduce snare well?

For those of you who don't follow my posts religiously, I recently purchased a pair of Martin Logan SL3's. I love them; they especially excel with voices. However, last night, I was listening to Bolero, and the snare sounded terrible. It sounded muffled and faint. I adjusted the settings, and nothing helped. I am using a MC275 and c2300, so I assume the problem is with the speakers. Any suggestions, ideas? Thank you in advance.
elegal
To Lowrider and Rodman99999, I was listening to a vinyl recording. I will try several other recordings. These speakers sound good on base, but also seem to be lacking on cymbals as well. I am, as I write this, listening to "something else" by cannonball Adderley (with Miles), and the hi-hats sound faint and muted as well. Thank you all for the insightful comments.
as I write this, listening to "something else" by cannonball Adderley (with Miles), and the hi-hats sound faint and muted as well.

Elegal, great music, but not a good reference to test your system. Back in the day the engineers used a minimal amount of microphones to record a session. There was a mic for the piano, a couple over the drum kit and a room mic; I'm just giving an example of mic techniques back then. Today, each drum and the high-hat would have their own mic plus 2 overhead for the cymbals, each player would have their own mic resulting in a clear, crisp sound; a very different sound. (the trumpet most likely will have a "raspy" sound rather than the more pleasant open sound.

That's why you should use a reference CD or as I suggested, a modern studio jazz recording.

BTW, I love the open sound from that era.
To be clear; the medium to which you listen(vinyl, CD, master tape) is not as important as the mic technique(as mentioned by Lowrider), Recording Engineer's ears, mastering or pressing. There are more poor recordings out there, than high quality/accurate ones, of drum sets(IMO).
Start with the basics:
ESL loudspeakers are not known for their ability to handle forceful transients.