stylus cleaning

I have a Dynavector 17D2 and have been advised not to use my audio technica vibrating stylus cleaner as it may damage the cantilever. Is this correct and if so what is the best way to keep the stylus clean on these cartridges?
rocketiii
Hi Rauliruegas, the advice on the Audio Technica was from the dealer who sold me the cartridge. He said that it was something to do with the short cantilever. As a result I stopped using it but it used to give really good results on the last cartridge (Koetsu Black) especially with some Isopropyl alcohol on the pad.

Thanks all for advice on the Zerodust - I will try some!
I use the Zerodust and like it. For a liquid cleaner I have found the Record Research Labs product to be very good.
Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Available at any supermarket or Walmart. $5 will buy enough to make hundreds of stylus cleaners.

Cut off a piece of the white portion and blue tack/silicone glue to a nickel, or to any other non-magnetic base if a nickel would strain the budget. Use it like you would a ZeroDust, just dip the stylus into it a couple times after each side.

- cleans better than a ZeroDust or ExtremePhono
- safer than any liquid or vibrating cleaner
- cheaper by far than any of them

My ZYX UNIverse has never been cleaned by anything but this and a dry stylus brush, and it's as clean as the day it was new under 200X magnification. Search for "Magic Eraser" on VA if you want testimonials from hundreds of happy users.
Hi everybody

I only brush my stylus from time to time and that's all.
It seems it's not enough as I read that you all use different liquid or else.
As I am living in France the Mr Clean Magic Eraser solution is out for me.

So could you tell me please what I may use and what I must avoid .

Is also demagnetizing a cartridge absolutly necessary

André