Nottingham Space Deck 294

Any fellow A-Goner's out there have any experience with this rig?

Also, what cartridge + arm combo do you have it set-up with?

Thanks
xednep

Clfcarney, Jeff,
What is the original box (container)looks like ? Any Nottingham's logo or brandname printed or just plain on the box?

Dealer in my country tried to sell it to me as "new in the box", but I am not quite confident when I saw the box.

thanks.

regards

Vichai
I bought my 294 from a local dealer. It came in a large brown box with no markings. Regards
Thanks a lot Rickz.

Does anyone know the Effective Mass of 294 tonearm ? and the recommended cartridge ? Is Denon DL 103R Ok with it ?
Or you I go beyond that, eg Shelter 501 or etc... ?

thanks
vichai
I listened to the 294 and Ace Space when they first came out. Both with Shelter 501 going through an Aesthetix Rhea phono stage and the same system. Had to think awhile and was not sure I heard a significant difference so I ordered an Ace Space. Upon waiting for the Ace space I had a chance to hear it against a space deck with the upgraded Ace Space arm, again did not hear a diffence so changed the order to the Spacedeck. I think that perhaps the 294 does have more to offer when going to a more reveiling cart. than the 501 but with it they were all pretty even. I think that the last of the SpaceDecks with the new arm were the best buy noting that as everything else went up in price with the drop in the dollar the Spacedeck has not seen a bump up in the last few years. Oddly I recently listened to a hyperspace with the new 12" arm, Dynavector cart and much more expensive equip. (except the phono stage) and it really disappointed. I liked each of the individual components of the demo system but they did not play well with each other. SYSTEM matching is the key.

PS, mine came with the box though set up by the dealer. No special markings.

Just purchased 294 yesterday, still have not decided the cartridge yet. What you guys think about Zu 103 DL (US400), 14 Grames? Do you hink the 294 tonearm can handle it ?

It has got a rave review in the Stereophile lately.
I have a limited budget at the moment, but may straight up to Dynaveor 17 D, or Sheletr 501 MKII, if it is worthwhile.

Thanks a lot.
regards

vichai