Teres, redpoint or galibier turntable

I would like to upgrade my basis 2000 turntable.I am considering either upgrading to the basis 2200 table or trying one of the above three tables. I would also consider the new VPI aries three table. Which of the above would you recommend. I would like to keep the cost of the table only to 5000 dollars or less. Thanks for responding
gcj123
Forget about this intermediary stuff, go for it? second mortage? get a Walker Proscenium. That is one super refined table. Lloyd is a really nice guy, give him a call.
No conflict of interest to disclose.
I love my Gavia and Thom is a pleasure to work with.
I run dual arms and the Gavia is all the table I will ever need.
Daned and Audiotomb have said it well.
Mechans

not everyone has your or Al Porter's 'cost no object' approach

I'm sure it's well worth it
but about a 6 to 1 cost increase
Sorry to thread jack but I'm also looking at a table in the 5k region and wasn't aware that Red Point had one that cheap.

TW Acustic Raven One? have you considered this?

My short list Basis 2500, Galibier Gavia with Serac platter, TW Acustic Raven One

I'm looking at using a Basis Vector 3/4 any comments on compatibility? I can't afford a Graham Phantom and I understand they use the same armboard
I think the characteristic of the Gavia that pleases me most is how it makes those few less than pristine LPs that I own sound worth listening to. The pops, ticks and crispies are still there but they are more in the background and don't get in the way of the music. I don't quite know what is contributing to this, but I like it a lot.

Cytocycle,

I'm familiar with the Raven only by reputation but I feel I can say that all three of the tables you mention are very solid performers.

An important consideration is how much do you need support from a dealer, other than first setup? If you feel you do have need of such support then Basis or TW may better fit your needs. However, if you're comfortable with 'table set up, are considering spending what a new 2500 costs, and want the best bang for the buck I'd recommend the Gavia with the Gavia platter. BTW, there is really nothing difficult about setting up a Gavia, or Basis for that matter.

I'm not sure what arm board on which table you're referring to? IME, the Graham arms and the Vector use completely different mounting schemes. The Graham's have a flange with a bolt pattern with a large hole in the middle for the tonearm connector to extend downward. The Vector uses a single hole about 1" in diameter to extend the stem of the base into and uses a horizontal set screw to hold VTA.