Deep Cleaning Records With Steam?

It has happened again. Major tweak and record provider has available a steam cleaner made especially for records. Anybody try steam for cleaning lp’s? What were your results? Since a unit can be had for about $20 at Target, 15% of what the tweak provider is charging, is it worth a try?.
tiger
Dear Steamers , Thanks , but despite the beauty of Europe I prefer to stay home to do my time. Please stay tuned and please keep doctumenting the revolution by your remarks. Steaming causes no harm as recommended , and isn't quite discs what we all want ?

Lots to offer...You could be quite surprized at the other ideas I wish to share with the Analog Community.

Enought for now , but a hint ... my relations are inventors and have been granted patients ... thinking / inventing is a part of what we (I) do. This is normal for us but I am certianly the exception in many ways.

Thanks to all who try new ideas ... Charlie
Readers : I have been continuing to Steam coupling the use of specialized Harmless Bacteria that consume organic materials found on surfaces and the groves of the recordings.

Experimental results far exceed what I initially believed possible. More to come and some notations on bacteria cleaning placed on other Record Cleaning/fluids Threads. More to come.
Crem1 - I was trained as a bacteriologist, did graduate work in microbiology and have been employed as a microbiologist. I'll be following this development with great interest!
What's the current consensus as to the duration one should pull the trigger on the steamer? 5 sec, 10, 15? i.e. what gives sufficient cleaning without damaging the LP? Tks!

John