What would you do?

So, I sold my phono stage (Cary PH302) and the ICs I was using to upgrade to another unit. In the meantime, I used that money for another blood sucking hobby. It might be a few months before I can fund my discretionary spending budget to the appropriate level. In the meantime I am w/o music (no CD player, etc.)

Curious to know what most of you would do:

1. Buy something cheap (and cheap sounding? $250?) to tie you over

2. Go w/o until the real deal arrives

BTW, anyone in the Chicago-Detroit cooridor want to loan/rent me a phonostage & ICs for a few months?

;^)
pawlowski6132
life is too short to go without. get yourself a used Bellari or Pro-Ject here on agon. i'd be happy to loan you a pair of ICs. send me an email.
I just bought a used Jolida JD9 that I am very happy with!Such a musical unit!I have been without a phonostage for a while,had to sell my Acoustech PH1P a while back.I dont feel Im missing anything with the Jolida,except the bass is a bit lighter,but very musical!That is with stock chinese tubes!I may just have the Jolida modded rather than save for a more expensive phonostage,Ray
Jb8312; I splurged on a camera and a couple of lenses. I was getting tired of the point-and-shoot camera's quality of images. Too many missed pictures of the kids.

Tvad; Actually, my plan at that moment was to pull myself away from the HiFi hobby and learn about something new (photography).

Onhwy61; Yes, it is becoming punishment. I had just bought a bunch of new records too that I never even got a chance to play.

Geoff; Thanx for the offer. Too bad I didn't start this thread earlier, I just drove through your neck of the woods last week on business. If I do decide to get a temp phono stage, I may take you up on that offer! Of course, I assume we're talking Valhalla or the like? ;^)

Anywho... so, the worst part is, it's so flippin cold and cloudy I can't even get out and take pictures. I'm stuck in my office staring at my rig. Hey! At least I can update my system pics!! Take a look at the crappy pics I have now.
Anywho... so, the worst part is, it's so flippin cold and cloudy I can't even get out and take pictures.

Pawlowski6132 (System | Threads | Answers)

Those conditions often present the most interesting opportunities for photos...especially black and white.