VPI RCM Vacuum Wand Velvet Strips

Ok Folks, I know VPI doesn't sell these but places like Disc Doctor does. Still not very cost inexpensive if you ask me. And I'm in disagreement with mintlp's Yip's method of replacment, by Gluing on any such strips. Problem is, how do you then get these off when they are shot?

From what I understand, some manufacturer, which I thought it was 3M, who makes this material, but still web-searching has prooved fruitless. I would imagine this same similar material is also used on Mo-FI/Disc Doctor Brush Pads.

Does anyone know of a better, less expensive source for this material? I'm thinking at the right source, $15-$20 worth of this material should be enough to virtually supply everybody on Agon who has a VPI RCM! Mark
markd51
Actually, the Disc Doctor stips are thicker than VPI's and I like them. I still think I'll order some from Mint to check them out just on the basis of cost. I have no idea why anyone would spend $25 on a new tube. Unless it's been stepped on or something this should rarely be necessary. Anyone know where to get the Pattex glue that Yip recommends to apply his $1 strips?
I use 3M 467MP transfer adhesive (tapecase.com) and velvet strips from M&J trimming. Spent a little time cutting and assembling but now have strips for about fifteen cents each. The old stip usually peels off clean and the new one just sticks on. My RCM is DIY with a pvc vacuum tube.
Sonofjim:

That tube of Pattex is contact cement. Any brand of contact cement should work.
Hmm, some interesting responses.
As I've been informed by the highly knowledgeable here, but won't diclose thier name, it appears one is SOL in acquiring the exact same material-peel+stick adhesive as VPI uses.

If a material, such as Mo-Fi Replacement Pads are long enough, (I'll have to check this) I don't think that the Nap being ever so slightly thicker would be that much of a detriment. The Suction of the VPI 16.5 Motor, shoudl be able to such a mustache, and beard off one's face. I've seen similar Eletek Vacuum Motors in Commercial Tornado Floor Scrubbing Machines!

The Venturi effect from Vacuum should be enough to such the LP dry, as well as the Velvet Strips, all at the same time. A better "cushion" between LP, and Wand may be a benefit?

Yip only mentions applying Glue to one surface. Generally contact cements work best when applied to both surfaces.
Mark
Markd51,
Actually Yip does say to put the glue on both surfaces with a Q tip. I have just learned though that he doesn't sell the mint strips alone(only his brush pads). As for the strips, they only come free with each bottle of mint LP cleaning solution. Still, the brushes and pads are cheap and I will probably try them. The brush pads may be long enough to cut into strips. I'm not sure on that one.