Phono Cable Suggestions?

Hello all:

I'm in need of a phono cable (DIN to RCA's with ground cable) as my Bolder Nitro bit the dust for the second time and I'm tired of messing with it.

Any suggestions on a quality cable with good build quality>

Thanks,

Dave
consttraveler
Hi Raul . . . do you find that certain cables are better suited to certain cartridges . . . i.e. having low capacitance being critical with high-inductance MM cartriges, etc. etc.?

Also, have you a preference for shielded-twisted-pair versus plain coaxial types? And for shielded-twisted-pair . . . have you experimented with connecting the shield to channel cartridge negative, or turntable ground?

Any specific experience you have with cabling as it relates to your formidible cartridge collection would be most welcome.
Dear Kirkus: I can't say for sure due that almost all top cables out there don't give almost any information about the capacitance/inductance(resistance value per meter.
What I can say is that the ones I use are good with both cartridge types: MC and MM.

NO I don't have preferences about twisted or coaxial ones.

Due that my Phonolinepreamp is fully differential I'm using my tonearm/preamp cables in balanced way where the cable shield goes to the preamp ground.

Here you can read something on Analysis Plus cables:
http://www.analysis-plus.com/design_whitepaper.html

Regards and enjoy the music.
raul.
Hello all:

I was able to get the Furutech and the Analysis Plus for an extended home audition. Depending on the results, I'll probably purchase one of those.

Raul:

I too look for cables (and components for that matter) that do not alter, adjust, help, etc, the signal. So far, I have found the Analysis Plus line (interconnects, speaker cables, and power cords) are what I refer to as "clean."

Best regards,

Dave
I thoroughly second Raul's choice. I have Analysis Plus silver/copper f rom tonearm to preamp, and Harmonic Tech Pro Silway 3 IC's (balanced) from preamp to amp. Very neutral and let the signal pass through mostly undisturbed( can any wire truly NOT be adding something in the chain?). My speaker cables are Ananlysis Plus Oval 9 (all copper). Ive tried many brands and these satisfy me without having to spend stupid amounts of moolah.--Mrmitch
For those that might be interested:

I purchased the Furutech phono cable after listening to both in my system.

My reasons were 1) both were excellent performers with no difference that I could hear between the two and 2) the Furutech was +/- $100.00 less.

Both are clean, clear, and add no coloring to the signal.

Best regards,

Dave