It is 5 AM, Do you Know where Mikey Fremer is?

At a garage sale, so Mikey tells us on his latest DVD. He must be the ultimate vinyl junkie, always looking for more, more, more. Are you part of his competition?

It appears the long ago, Mikey moved from one who just listens, to one who just collects for the 'just must have' but no time to listen school. Sad.

Does that describe you? What part of your music collection has never been listen to, 20%, 50%, more?
buconero117
Yes, some dear friends of mine recently gave me their small LP collection. It has some great titles, early West Coast jazz that is lacking in my collection for example. I cleaned several of them and have been playing them. So far, two home runs - a Mulligan and a Benny Goodman, but the rest that I have so far played were unlistenable. I buried them at sea with full honors and a no-guns salute. Perhaps there are more gems in the small pile I culled from the group.
To continue on with the donated part; a co-worker of my wife said she had 3 boxes of records and would offer them to me, a mixed bag of rock, country and jazz she said. I can't wait to see them. I guess when you are associated with music and especially records, casual conversation takes place where you become the subject of conversation and the next thing you know someone is offering records to you.

I once was offered records by elderly gent, someone who said he was only giving these records to someone who would appreciate them and take care of them, almost made me swell up in tears as I realized that could be me in the distant future. So the circle of record life goes on.

Ciao,
Audioquest4life
Just added another 3,500 - 5,000+ classical & jazz albums to my collection from a record store closing down. Deal was too good to count them all, but the boxes have filled an 18ft garage floor. It includes some 10" Columbia classical EP's, 10" Jazz EP's & 78's, new & s/hand.
Going to need to live until I'm a 110 to listen to them all, so wife says! Oh, and a new mono cartridge.
That is way too much of a burden for anyone to endure, just mail me one of the boxes and I will gladly listen to them and share with you the music experience via the forum.
Ciao,
Audioquest4life
Scousepasty
May you not only live to listen to them all but have your hearing to enjoy them as well
Great find and deal
Enjoy
Michael