Converting LP to digital. Advice please...

I am looking to archive some vinyl onto a hard drive that I can then transfer to CD. I would like to take it from line level output to a A/D convertor then store it on a computer hard drive. Then have a program that will allow me to take each LP side and dive the songs into individual tracks. Suggestions on a/d conversion and software would be appreicated greatly
128x128theo
I have a business doing this and can make 24/192 recordings as well as removing any noise.

There are many excellent ways to do this, and I'm sure all have given you good advice. After I transferred my LP's to digital, I discovered the only short coming was in my analog rig. After I upgraded the cartridge I decided to do it all over again, which is what I'm doing right now.
I've developed a pretty efficient and good sounding procedure in recent months.   

I use line out from pre-amp to an Art USB Phono + converter then USB in to laptop making sure high res stereo recording is enabled on the USB microphone device.  I use Audacity software on the laptop to record, edit and process.   Audacity is freeware and the ART device can be had on Amazon for <$100.  It also functions as a phono pre-amp as needed.  Very functional and flexible device.   I then use Picard freeware and db Poweramp software to tag as needed.

I set levels and record in Audacity once the needle drops on side 1 then continue recording until side 2 is complete.    Next in Audacity I delete out extra data between sides for a smooth transition between last track on side 1 and first on side two.   Then I play the tracks to add labels to designate breaks between  tracks at proper locations.  

Then comes click removal followed by normalization to complete the processing.  Next I export many to export each labeled track to a file in the target library directory.    The files are loaded into Picard to autotag or if no  suitable matches for tags can be found there  I tag manually using dbpoweramp.   Finally I run my Seagate backup software to get  a backup of the new files right away and rescan my Squeeze Server library to pick up the new files in that library.   Plex autoscans and picks up new files automatically.     It takes me 20-30 minutes in general to complete the processing once recording is done.   Results are quite good with a little practice and I think the results would suit most here.

Tascam has superseded the Alesis Masterlink as best bang for the buck, but not just best bang for the buck; pretty darn excellent against any comparator.  Look for posts on vinyl asylum by John Ellison and Dave Garretson.  If I were at all interested in doing this, I would buy the Tascam in a heartbeat.