10 Great Classical LP's

Asking, not telling. Any suggestions? I'm a middle-aged guy, but have just started listening to classical and am looking for suggestions. Thank you.
jhsjhs
Hi Mike, I hope you've continued your classical music exploration by going into the Mercury catalogue reissues from Classic Records and, more particularly, Speakers Corner. And then there's the entire Lyrita catalog to explore from the used market.
Hi Rush,

i could not agree more with your Mercury, Speakers Corner and Lyrita recs. it's all good and these are all excellent Lps which i have aquired too. i just figured that the Classic Records RCA's was the right place to start for a Classical newbie. i suppose any/all of these series could be included in that idea.

best regards,
Mike, glad to hear it! And it's a slippery slope. For orchestral, keep going and also head to the Decca and EMI catalogs. If you find you also enjoy Baroque and pre-Baroque music, then it's off the the Harmonia Mundi, Accent, Astree, CRD and Telefunken catalogs. Then you discover opera is not as bad as you once thought and it's off to the Decca archives once again. Then organ music and you're off to the Vista, Proprius, Erato catalogs. Great fun! Makes it hell to make recommendations. :-)
You have started down a path that will undoubtedly bring you much to enjoy for the rest of your life. It's hard to get bored with classical music, as it has been composed and performed for hundreds, if not a thousand years or more. There is always something you haven't heard before, unlike too much popular music these days. Enjoy the journey!

Regards,
Dan
I love the following classical LPs
1. antil Corroboree, OASD 7603. Everest is a lot cheaper
2.Carmina Burana , Telarc DG10056/57
3.Water Musick, Handel, Nicholas Mcgegan Harmonia Mundi HMU 7010
4.Ein Staussfest, Erich Kunzel , Telarc DG10098,
5. Falla, Nights in the garden of spain Decca SXL 2091
6. Kornet Har sin vila Proprius 7853, beautiful choir
7, Misa Criolla, Jose Carreras, my favourite opera
8. La Fille Mal Gardee Decca SXL 2313
9. Maseenet le cid, HMV Greensleeve ESD 7040, cheap and good