What is the Phono stage you have finished with?

Hello, Like many I have an e.a.r 834p, and it has served me well for many years, I am now however looking for a new MC phono stage. I am up for going quite a few stages up from the ear (so the next phono will last me a few years!).

Would like to hear from you guys who have already gone down this road!
Happy listening

Cheers
James
sme10
Like many here I tried loads, and I mean loads. The valve (tube) units just didn't quite do it for me, not just the noise and lack of gain issue BUT the tube warmth I couldn't get on with. So I plunged for the Whest MC REF V for my big system and the new PS.30RDT Special Edition for my second/main system. Yeh, I now think I am there !
I thought I could live with a Sutherland (good for price/performance)for a year, while I go about auditioning some phono stages to settle with.

I heard the Allnic 3000 after 2 months at a friends place, and the game was all over for me then. it suited my preference and expectation. I look forward to having their new varibale version soon (this month).

I am sure there are lots of phono-preamps that meet people's expectation out there, and similar to me at the end of the day, you don't know any better till yuou hear the unit in your system.
Cheers
Nev
I have an early Herron VTPH-1MC, serial number < 10. It has all the mods through around mid-2001.

I'm completely satisfied with it. Very detailed without being analytical or too polite, pinpoint imaging with a huge and deep soundstage, transparent, very flat frequency response, dynamic, musical, very pulse coherent.

The newer current production version of the Herron phono stage is supposed to be a little better but I haven't heard it.
PS Audio GCPH - granted, low in the food chain compared to many here, but it does a great job in my system!