How effective is the Onzow Zerodust?

Has anyone had good results with the Onzow Zerodust? Is it as effective at cleaning the stylus as liquid products?
woodvale
I second ME efficiency on cleaning. I have got new cart which barely has 50 hours and I was using Zerodust. After applying ME the difference, even on new cart, was quite noticeable.
For those non from US, look for 3M product called Scotch-Brite cleaning pads, they use the same (as I understand and read from others comments) melamine material as ME.
Salavat,

One caveat for using the 3M Scotch-Brite is this. I don't believe the matrix of the Scotch-Brite is woven as tight or is as "dense" as the Magic Eraser so I think much more care would need to be exercised to avoid "snagging" the stylus if one chooses the "dragging" method as opposed to the "dipping" method. Since is seems to be woven less tightly, the dipping method might not provide the same contact area as one would experience with the Magic Eraser.

Your mileage may vary . . .

Eric
Eric,

Thanks for response. Interesting... If I look in wiki or Basf website, sounds like exactly the same material (melamine), made for the same forumula, however BASF page for BASOTECT (that is original name) shows different types of material.

Did you have chance to compare them?
Salavat is correct, but Eric is MORE correct. :-)

A Scotch-Brite pad is made from the same chemical as a Magic Eraser, but the physical composition of the two products is quite different as to scale.

A Scotch-Brite pad's fibers are much thicker and the pad is less dense than a Magic Eraser. These widely spaced, fatter fibers wouldn't contact complex microscopic surfaces as thoroughly.

The SB pad would also be more dangerous. It's coarser fibers are much stronger than those in a Magic Eraser, making a snag more likely to do damage.

As the initial publicizer of the ME as stylus cleaner, I would not recommend Scotch-Brite pads for this purpose.
Doug,

Thanks for clarifying. I ordered ME from US. I have noticed on couple occasions that Scotch-Brite might leave something on the stylus, which is not good at all...