returning vinyl for warpage?

Ok so I am kinda new to vinyl so I am not sure if I am just being too picky so here is the deal:
I purchased 2 new LPs, Beatles white, and Them Crooked Vultures. Both are double lp, and the first song or so has a noticable warp. They play fine...but it's awful nerve racking to watch the needle ride up and down over the waves LOL. I have purcased about 30 records new from the same store and never had this problem before. Since they play fine, is it unreasonable to go back and request another copy? TCV wasn't that big of a deal but the darn Beatles cost a chunk of change!

thanks for your input.
no_money
Macdadtexas, I have thought about getting a ring but I am not sure there is one compatable with a Rega p-5? Or is it a one size fits all type thing?
No_money,

Do you use a record clamp of any sort?

I ask, because I have a Basis turntable, and I use their proprietary clamp, and I never have an issue with warped records. I just play right through through them, and the stylus just tracks great. It is not a periphery ring, of the sort that VPI makes, but still, it does seem to flatten out the records so that I have not had ANY issues with any of the new records I have purchased, or even the older, used, records that I buy.

You might want to check into getting some sort of clamp first, and see if that works. (I am sure that it is much less expensive, albeit it probably is not as effective as a peripherial ring, in reducing warpage.

Also, you might want to check with Rega, or your Rega dealer, as to what they recommend. Some turntables do not work well with heavy clamps.

My two cents worth anyway.
I would definitely not apply heat to it. There is an estimated 1000,000 bits of information in every inch of record groove which is why digital , with about a relative third of that, still can't compete with a great pick-up system. If your tone-arm is reverberating, it's definitely causing undo stress. If it's a tall, gradual warp, it's affecting the anti-skate position for that segment as well as rake angle. Depending on how much of a privilege it is to obtain records these days in your area, I would take it back.
Both of the albums are warped on the outer edge so a center clamp won't do much to help in this case.

The TCV is more of a single warp and the beatles while not as steep as the single warp on the TCV has several "wavy" warps in it.... scares the crap out of me watching the stylus track through it. After the first song or so all is good.
I would return them if it is within the time limit.It is making it sound worse.