Ortofon RS-309D opinions

A friend of mine offered me this arm for my TW Acoustic Raven One , I eventually 'll use it with the BenzLP

What do you think about this arm and the Benz combo

Thank in advance for opinions/suggestions

Curio
128x128curio
Ldorio is an Ortofon North America employee.

His comments must include that disclosure for the comments to be taken seriously.
I have also wondered about the relationship between the Ortofon arms and the Jelco's. Can the bearings be that different really? Are these arms essentially a unipivot?
David12, I find it interesting that the Raven/Jelco outperformed the Origin Live arms...thats quite something considering that the Raven's arm was the MOST basic of Jelco's offerng.
I'm so interested in these Jelco arms that I'm ready to take a plunge, but the effective mass is staggering?
I've been using one for about 6 months Curio. It beats all the other arms I have which include an SME V, Origin Live Conqueror (Mk3), and Linn Ekos 2. By "beats" I mean it extracts more detail and sounds so much more "alive" than the others. From my experience with it (and the other arms)I say it's a truly great arm and at a bargain price.

I use it with an Ortofon A90 by the way, so it's easy to hear how good it is with that cartridge :).

I'm new to posting here at Audiogon although I've been reading for a while, so hello to all!
Hello Sprog,

Thanks for your opinion and welcome here on Audiogon.

I listened the Ortofon RS309D - A90 combo at Top Audio show in Milano and I agree it is a fantastic combination.
The probem is eventually with the Benz LP and unfortunately no one here owns this duo.
It would be interesting to have opinions about a Jelco 750L 12" inches with Benz LP , a cheaper combination.